Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Just in Case You Haven't Heard...

That is right folks, the Kavalich clan is growing again. We found out that I am pregnant two weeks ago and we are so excited. The original plan was to keep it somewhat quite until my first ultrasound, but how do you keep this kind of news to yourself? After telling our family and some of our closest friends the news kept slowly leaking out of our circle and so we decided to just go for it and make the big announcement. I am almost six weeks along which means that I am due mid June (my very educated guess is June 19th), we will know for sure after the first sonogram which is just a little over a week away.
As most of you know this baby is something we have wanted for quite a while now. We were beginning to get a little discouraged that it was taking so long to get pregnant. It just seems like after you have one kid your body should know how to do this. Month number ten was our lucky month and our family budget will finally stop keeping Clear Blue Easy in business for a while.
Claire is seriously over the moon about the baby in my tummy. When we first told her she said "I want the baby to come run with me on Thursday". I promised her that there will be a Thursday that this baby will run with her (it just might be a couple of years away) she can hardly wait. I am really shocked how much she gets it. She thinks that my belly button is the portal to the baby. Everyday she lifts my shirt and kisses the baby, tells the baby secrets and shockingly the baby tells her secrets too. I think that one of my favorite things she says while rubbing my tummy "I just love her so much", melts my heart every stinkin' time. She is confident that we will call this little one Baby Grace. That's right, she is convinced that the baby is a girl.
We are already praying for a safe pregnancy and delivery. The doctor says there are a few unknowns left over from my tricky delivery with Claire so we will be watching the baby's growth pretty closely. We are praying for a very healthy baby! Also we are praying that Claire's enthusiasm will continue towards this baby and that our little princess will transition into sharing her kingdom very gracefully. Feel free to pray with us.

We are super excited and can hardly wait to know if this nugget is a boy or a girl and what he/she will look like. It is a little crazy to think that we are headed down this road again, it will be an adventure I am sure. I am sure that over the next eight and half months there will be quite a few updates as we prepare for Kav Kid #2.
***For those of you who were wondering, the "24" post was a special note to my grandparents telling them I was pregnant. This baby is their 24th great grandkid.

22 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm so excited for you guys and will be praying for a great pregnancy and delivery. I love that Claire is so excited. It was adorable watching her yesterday ... she'll be such a good big sister!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! My b-day is June 18, by the way... :-)

-Chris Dooley

walkers said...

oh yipeee! we are so excited for you guys. praying for health and joy in the days to come. you are an amazing mama so another one will be a blessing to all!

Swartz's Scribbles said...

Congrats!!!!!How exciting. I am so happy for you guys.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!! I can add you to the ever growing list of pregnant people I know. That is great and exciting news!

Leanna said...

We are so very very happy for you. Another beautiful and wonderful Kav kid. Prayers are already in the works! Can't wait!

Jen said...

Woo-Hoo!!!! I am SO excited for you guys! I have truly been praying for you and I'm so excited to hear the news! I will keep you in my prayers that this is a healthy pregnancy & delivery!

Heather said...

Yay! Congrats to you guys. Another child blessed to have you two as parents is a very good thing! We will be praying for you. Much love!

Sarah said...

I am SOOOOOO excited for you guys! I am and have been praying for you all and can't wait to meet Kav Kid #2!!!!!!!!!! Oh, yes...I will meet him or her...I will just have to make a special trip back to TX! Love you all!

Courtney said...

YAY!!!! I'm so excited for you! I've been praying for you ever since you posted a while back about your frustrations. Looking forward seeing another adorable Selke grandbaby!

Mama Jeannie said...

YEA!! It's out and everyone is so excited for you and your little family. This is one happy Gibbie too let me tell you. :0) Glad you are feeling good so far and I'm praying already that your labor and delivery will go without a hitch. Lots of grace as you begin to discover how to mommy two instead of one. You will have so much fun Em. I'm also praying this next baby will sleep... yes, SLEEP... like a little angel. You take care of you OK? Love you Baby Doll.

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh, I forgot to say... that picture of you guys and Claire with the prego test is hilarious! Claire especially. What a hoot.

Jenny said...

Yeah! What wonderful news!!!!

Kate said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I am so excited for you! Best wishes for this pregnancy--I will have you in my prayers!

Rachel said...

Congratulations Emily! I know you guys have been praying for this new little one for a while. Praying all goes well with the pregnancy!

Rebecca Read said...

Congrats Emily! So glad it has finally happened for you!

Sara said...

Yea! I hadn't checked blogs in a couple of days. I'm so glad to know that you've finally let the cat out of the bag. That way, I can too! And I AM SO EXCITED about this little rugrat! I love all four of you! Or five...who knows?! =)

Sara said...

Oh yeah, Claire's face in the pregnancy test picture is funny. And cute shirt in the Claire kissing your tummy picture!

kinsey said...

i was very suspicious of that 24 post. i thought it might be suggesting the day of the month that a baby was due! at least i knew it was along the lines of a baby. so happy for yall! i've prayed for you after reading a couple of posts about you being frustrated with waiting. ..

Amanda said...

So many congratulations to you! I know it's been a long time coming. I just love the picture of Claire Bear kissing your tummy. Too cute!

Allison said...

Emily & Allan,
That's wonderful! Congratulations and praise the Lord. So glad Claire is excited. She must be pretty intelligent or maybe it's because she's a girl. I can't imagine Jackson understanding the whole baby concept let alone being ok with it :)I hope he takes it as well as Claire.

Praying for your health and hope you feel well right now. Can't wait for the updates!

Shelly said...

Congratulations:) What exciting news!!