Friday, October 17, 2008

"Pooping Out of My Lips and Tooting Water"


***Potty Talk Ahead...you have been warned***

Claire woke up screaming early this morning and when Allan brought her to sleep in our bed I noticed that her Pjs where crusty and her hair smelled really bad.  She had thrown up all over her bed and rolled around in it apparently (anyone know how to wash bumper pads?).  I gave her TWO warm baths because during the first one she said "I pooped out of my lips mom" (translation: she threw up a little more).  Once she was all clean and dressed we came downstairs to eat toast and have something to drink and it wasn't long before there was a rumble in her diaper.  She just laughed and said "I tooting water mom".  I won't go into to much detail here, but let me say I have never experienced a diaper like that ever.

She is acting totally fine, doesn't have fever, and hasn't had any more "episodes" yet- THANK YOU JESUS!!!  I hope that we are finished with this tummy stuff, I don't really think I handle too much more "lip pooping" or "water tooting" today and it is only 9:30 am.  I did laugh out loud with both of her descriptions of her bodily functions though.  She is HILARIOUS!!!

13 comments:

Whitney Bownds said...

Poor thing (You and Claire).. I hope it's over too.. Those are two of the best descriptions ever..Funny...

Jenny said...

I have NEVER heard it described as Claire just did. Too funny- but you know, I can picture exactly what she's saying. Not a pretty picture- poor Emily.

Bumperpads- we've had vomit on them before. I just washed them in my machine on gentle by themselves. Then you can air dry or tumble dry low. Treat the stains if you want to as well. Good luck!

Elyse said...

Hilarious and I have never heard it like Claire described it! Hope she gets better and there are no more episodes!
~Elyse~

krista said...

LOL well at least she can make it funny :) I hope she doesn't have anymore episodes!!! I have washed Madyson's bumper pads before and they were fine.

Katie said...

Her descriptions are hilarious! The first time Megan threw up, she didn't know what happened either, and I remember Brooke telling me, "Megan spit up!" But Claire's are much funnier! :)

Anonymous said...

I love it!! She is very descriptive with her words. Be sure you write that down somewhere in her baby book. Little girls are so much fun. I hope she feels better!

Courtney said...

I was laughing out loud when I read her description. I could see the title on my blog before I even clicked over and read the story...I knew what it had to be! Clinton has had the tummy bug 6 times already, and it sucks every time...I hope Claire is feeling much better! Can't wait to hear what other creative descriptions she comes up with!

Mama Jeannie said...

Oh my gosh!! I can hardly see to type I'm laughing so hard with tears running out my eyes. I guess Claire would say, "My eyes are sprinkling!" Glad that bug didn't hang around.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Oh no ... poor Claire and poor you. We had a really brief deal this week so I hope yours is also brief. LOVE the descriptions ... 'pooping out of my lips' is so gross!

Just throw those bumper pads in the washer on a gentle cycle.

In His Grip said...

That made me cry I laughed so hard. I am sorry for you but thanks for the laugh. I hope all is well and no one else gets sick.

Anonymous said...

Poor baby. But I do love the descriptions. I teacher kindergarteners, 1st graders, and 2nd graders and there is no filter on comments, only honesty. Gotta love it;)

In His Grip said...

Ok, so was I right about the 24 comment? Did it have to do with an "announcement"?

Amanda said...

So hilarious! That girl of yours is so clever. Where in the world does she come up with this stuff?