
The neiborhood kiddos waiting for the train

Claire in the parakeet house. The blue ones were her favorite.

Addison and Claire were the lone girls on this trip. They rode together on the train ride.
Today Claire and I went with our neighbors to the zoo. It ended up being a perfect day for it. We kept going back and forth about whether or not we wanted to chance the drive with so much rain in the forecast, but we sucked it up and it was so nice. Not only was it half price Wednesday, becasue of the weather it was not crowded at all. We didn't spend a ton of time at any exhibit, the pace was pretty fast and that was perfect for us. I really enjoyed spending a little time with the ladies that I live next to. I hope that we can have more outings in the near future. All of our kids are getting to be at a good age for hanging out and interacting really well.
This is such a fun time in mommyhood, Claire is more fun to be around everyday. I especially enjoyed seeing her interest in all the animals. She was able to identify every animal we saw. She is just so darn smart. We only had one minor tragedy today. She accidentally dropped her little Belle doll into the tiger pit. She said "oh no, my Belle, the tigers will bite her". I put on my best distraction cap and we headed straight for the parakeets which helped ease the loss. I loved that little Belle doll too, I will have to be on the lookout for another one.
6 comments:
Little Addison is cute! I'm glad you had fun with your neighbors. Don't take them for granted. =) I don't HAVE neighbors...or a zoo for that matter!!! =)
Oh how fun Em!!! I love that you and your neighbors are doing fun things together. What a great neighborhood. Yeah, I agree, don't take it for granted. You are a blessed mommy indeed.
I have neighbors... they just don't like me. So, umm... yeah... don't take your neighbors for granted. :)
Looks like a fun day. I can't wait to go back to the zoo.
I conquer with sentiments about neighbors -- lucked out once again. Can I be a neighbor kid for the next zoo day? I promise to behave!
And sorry about Belle. They usually frown upon dangling little girls to retrieve their dolls from the Tiger pit, so good parenting job on distracting! =)
Amy's a dork and Leeanna is funny. =)
That picture of Claire in the parakeet house--beautiful! What gorgeous eyes!
Post a Comment