Monday, December 1, 2008

Claire and Camille

We just spent a few days in CA with Allan's family celebrating Thanksgiving and early Christmas. I will write more about that later, but I had to share about the sweet friendship that is budding between Claire and her cousin Camille. They are just a few weeks apart in age and get along so well. It was so fun to watch them play together over the long weekend. They would wear matching dress up clothes, trade toys (they share with each other very well), sit together on Mimi's bed and watch shows, hide together under Auntie Elizabeth's bed, and use their growing imaginations. This was really the first time I could see a true friendship forming and not just two toddlers playing side by side. Camille has such a sweet disposition, she is very special. When they said goodbye yesterday they shared a long strong embrace that made everyone say "ahhh!". I hope and pray that their little relationship will continue to strengthen and grow over the next many years.

Playing peek a boo in baby Caroline's pack n play. They would hide under their princess blankets and then throw them off of their heads and squeal at the top of their lungs and laugh really hard.
Sharing ice cream snack time was a huge treat for these girls. They thought they were so big eating these big bars all by themselves.
Fixing their hair after their crazy shower with Mimi. They brushed their own hair, each other's hair, and their teeth I think. I LOVE their matching "dressing gowns" that Mimi and Papa gave them while we were there.They also got matching candy cane panties that these two girls chose to wear over their diapers since they aren't potty trained yet.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

They're so cute! Love that the girls always have matching clothes! How neat that Claire's developing such a special friendship with her cousin.

Mama Jeannie said...

I LOVE this Em and I too hope their cousin friendship lasts a liftime. So cute!

Sara said...

How CUTE! Love the "dressing gowns" and that they're brushing their hair together in the mirror. =)