Tuesday, December 30, 2008

A Few More Pictures From Christmas

Christmas was great this year, maybe the best we have had since we got married. I loved celebrating with just my little family and with my big crazy family as well. We had a lot of good food, fun times playing games, and lots of talking and laughing.


Allan and I cooked dinner for some of our family on Christmas night. It was so fun to do a low key hosting gig and use our china, crystal, and silver for the second time since we got married.

Claire and Asher figured out how to get to the toys at the bottom of the bucket. They are so smart and funny. I love watching them play together.

Ainsley Grace flying around our living room. It was pretty funny, for a little while the only way she was happy was with Beau holding her above his head.

Claire walked around in her princess dress and high heels pulling her chair and carrying her brush asking Asher to sit down so she could brush his hair.

Claire figured out that little boys are not always up for playing beauty shop and that was really disappointing.

We headed over to the Powell house the day after Christmas to have our big family Christmas and to eat a really yummy breakfast. It was so fun and chaotic.
Amy and Jack waiting for the presents to begin. I think it is hilarious that Jack is working on keeping his eyes open for pictures, he is such a cute kid.
The two oldest cousins, Jack and Allie, survived the little wild indians running around their feet for a few hours.

Claire and her cousin Skyler insisted on making funny faces which was fine by me, they are hilarious. I love the friends they are becoming.

The best gift of the entire exchange. Allan drew Amy's name for the big kid gift exchange and immediately knew what he was going to get her...a Twilight shirt. She loved it as much as he hoped she would. It says Forks, WA- Making it sprinkle so you won't sparkle.

Claire helped me open a gift for Kav Kid #2. It was a few onesies that we will get embroidered once we know what it is. Thank you Adrielle and Coby for thinking of the shrimp inside my belly.

The reason for all this chaos- these two people started it all. Thanks mom and dad for getting us to adulthood alive and well so that we could find our spouses and help populate the world.
Poppie and Gibbie and their eight post womb grandchildren: Asher, Allie, Chloe Grace, Ainsley Grace, Claire, Jack, Cooper, and Skyler
This is what it takes to get eight kids to all look in the general direction of the camera and smile
After we finished up at the Powell house we headed to my grandparent's house near Amarillo. It was great to be there. I have not celebrated Christmas with them in way too may years. I loved being with them. My aunt and two of her kiddos were there too and it was good to see them as well. I sadly didn't take many pictures on this leg of the trip.
This hair extension was part of Claire's gift from my grandparents. It completely cracked me up and she wore it for two solid days.

Me and my grandad. I love this man like crazy. When I get to see him it is like no time has passed. He has great stories and is funny and he loves his family so much.

2 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Your Christmas looked really fun! I love the picture of Claire sitting in the chair.

Amy said...

Love this post. Love the shirt. Adore the picture of all of us trying to get a picture of the babies. Maybe my favorite photo of all of them. :)