Monday, April 14, 2008

Thoughtfulness


I never posted a thank you for all the thoughtful things that were done for me on my birthday...better late than never right?!?!?


I had such a great actual birthday night. Sara and amy watched Claire while Allan and I went out to dinner at Patrizio's, desert at The Grotto, and then headed to Rockin' Ivories for karaoke night with a couple of friends. We had so much fun at this total bomb of a bar...it is what you make it and luckily we were with good friends that made the night a hitMy friend Leanna and I waiting our turn to sing a little Dixie Chicks. Unfortunately it got too late before they called our name so we had to postppone the performance until next time ;)

Sweet Allan got up the nerve to serenade me with his favorite love song "Lady". He was fantastic!


On Saturday my whole family came into town so that the girls (Me, Sara, Amy, Adrielle, Mom, and Allie) could have a fun girls day that my mom had planned just for me. We started out the day getting pedicures which was so fun, then we headed to Le Madeline for lunch, the biggest surprise of the day was when we got out of the car at the gardens in Grapevine and played a game of croquet...that is right I said croquet. This actually turned out to be my favorite part of the day. I loved that Mom made an effort to do something out of the ordinary and special for me. We ended the day at the movies. It was such a nice time with all the ladies. I have to give a big shout out to the guys in our family as well, because they stayed home all day with all the kids so that we could get a good break. I wish that I had pics from the day, but I didn't have my camera and I highly doubt that I will ever get copies from my sister, Sara, God love her.


I also had a tone of sweet calls, cards, and emails from friends and family. You all made me feel so speacial, thank you so much. What a great way to start off the last year of my twenties.

2 comments:

Leanna said...

So much fun for one little birthday...we'll have to do something GREAT for the next one...we won't put the numbers down here just yet! ;)

Elizabeth said...

What a fun birthday! And what a funny birthday card. heh heh!