Monday, April 28, 2008

Wonderful Weekend

-

We had such a great few days down in Waco with my whole family. My parents have done such a great job making their home a little retreat for all of us when we are there. We spend hours upon hours on their back porch and the kids have so much fun with the freedom the country offers. Claire and Asher were super cute exploring with each other. On saturday night we had the best time cooking out, playing football, duck-duck-goose, ring-around-the-rosie, and just being a family. We HAVE to spend more time down there.
We also had a great time celebrating Skyler's birthday party with her and having a small family shower for Adrielle. I do not have pictures from these two events, I have to get them from Amy, but I will absolutely share them as soon as I have them.

4 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

My heart is so full with the love I have for my children and grandchildren. I am humbled and beyond blessed to have weekends when we can all get together at the same time. I know there are families all over the world who don't always get to spend time like this because of distance or relationship or schedules, so I do not take this fun-filled weekend for granted. We were all tired when by late Sunday afternoon, but it is a good tired and a tired that is worth every second of energy and whatever work that was involved in making it happen. I still get a lump in my throat watching each family drive away as we all wave until they are out of sight.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm glad you had so much fun! And I'm dying to know the gender verdict.

Leanna said...

That does look like a very wonderful weekend? Did you chop your hair too?

Unknown said...

What fun. Don't take time with your family so often for granted. Keep up those good memories.