Thursday, May 22, 2008

Aspiring Make Up Artist

I wanted to get a few things done around the house today and found a little free time while Claire preoccupied herself with "ake-up"- more specifically "ip-stick". Let me just say that in the past when Claire has played with lipstick it usually was just around the lip area. I got a little too into straightening the living room and when I went back into the kitchen this is what I found. When I looked a little shocked she proudly announced "I did ake-up!!!".

I figured why make her stop at this point, I would just let her go until she had finished the entire tube of lipstick or freaked out. Can you guess which happened first?
She started saying "I done", but I had to go start the bath water and figure out how to pick her up and transport her to the bubbles without ruining all my clothes as well. This took a little too long for her liking and she flipped.
All was well once she was placed in the giant tub. I let her soak for awhile and then scrubbed off the first layer with her normal soap. Let her soak a bit more then got out my make up remover because she was still stained. She is looking pretty normal now, just a red hue to her belly button.

I have to say that letting her play with red lipstick may have been a lapse in judgement, but I also think that it was HI-FREAKIN-LARIOUS!!! I pretty much laughed through the entire ordeal.

I won't dedicate an entire post to the other adventure of the day, but after another body painting eperience (this one was with blue fingerpaint) I had her in the shower with me and she made a little deposit on the floor which totally freaked me out. I was just thankful that I was not holding her at the time.

This girl keeps me on my toes. She is a wild child...but let's be honest I kind of egg her on at times. She is my daily entertainment and daily headache. I wouldn't trade one adventure or challenge with her for the entire world.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Amy said...

You are both a mess! Claire is such a hilarious little thing! I loved the pictures.

gwsas4 said...

You are a great sport & Claire is one blessed kid! You S. girls are pretty special - your parents did something right!

Sarah said...

that was sooooo stinkin funny! those were great pics.

SuperMom said...

We were so close to meeting! I offered to go and meet you to get Adrielle's pillow, but I was also holding Chloe Grace, and I just couldn't give her up.

Maybe next time? It's amazing how much Claire and Skylar look alike....

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That is so funny! What a mess. I love your comment about the remaining red hue on her bellybutton.

Leanna said...

Too funny and too cute. You guys are both a hoot!

Amanda said...

Oh girl, what a mess, and what a crazy day (in the best possible way)! Bub made a deposit once in the bathtub and I literally had to turn away to keep from puking on him.

Elyse said...

What a funny moment! She definatly likes girl stuff! What a hilarious moment!
~Elyse~