Monday, July 7, 2008

Beach Time







Saturday night we took a trip to Newport Beach to have dinner at Roy's. Afterwards Allan and I wanted to let Claire get a feel for the ocean and the sand so we headed to the beach. She had fun running from the waves, stalking the birds, and squishing her toes in the sand. I was so happy to see that she enjoyed it because last year when we were at the beach that was not the case. She cried everytime she touched the sand. It was so fun to make some more family memories.

This is one of my favorite funny faces that Claire makes...it usually appears when she is asking a question (huh?) or about to fall apart. It makes me laugh every single time.

9 comments:

Amy said...

Only have a sec. on the computer... loved the pictures!!! See you in a few days. XOXOX

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Those are such great photos!

Kathy said...

Hi Emily! Looks like you guys had a great time in California! Claire is a doll!

Courtney said...

What great pics! Looks like such a fun trip. Clinton was also not a fan of fireworks...he sat paralyzed in his stroller and wouldn't look anyone in the eyes.

Sarah said...

I am SO glad you all had fun in CA!

Anonymous said...

Hello Emily,

I linked to you from Kathy's blog. You have a beautiful family and I can't wait to check out Amy and Sara's blogs! don't have a blog, but love email: kbelt@swmail.sw.org
Tell everyone hello!
Kari (Dixon) Belt

Kate said...

Great pictures! We were also in Newport over the weekend of the 4th. Glad you guys had a fun, safe trip!

Amanda said...

What cute pictures, and what a gorgeous beach! So glad y'all had fun!

Anonymous said...

Your daughter is super cute!!! Great photography :)