Claire and I played dress up and took a picture for Allan. Claire absolutely LOVED her dress adn told us all that she looked pretty. It was a little hard getting that feather off her head.
Claire is a bit obsessed with horses these days and was so happy to find this sculpture near the train station. I was so happy that some of her cousins could be with us. They had so much fun together.
Claire was thrilled when she saw the local "Thomas" in town. We will definately be heading back when Claire is a little older and will really appreciate the Durango-Silverton trip on the train.
Claire loved playing with rocks on this trip. Hanging out at Purgatory was no exception. While we waited in line for the lift up to do the Alpine Slide she stuffed her pants with these little rocks.
Claire called the lift big swings. She was so brave and well behaved while on the lift. The second time we rode up a mountain storm blew in and we were even HAILED on. Claire said "stop it rainging". I could not believe that I had my baby on a ski lift in a storm. She never cried, but didn't like it quite as much as the first time up.
I have loved the Alpine Slide since I was a little girl. We were racing Gibbie down the mountain, but Claire didn't love going super fast over the bumps. She said "too fast mommy". Needless to say my mom won the race and my dad almost ran into the back of us.
Let me just say that the most fun thing I have done in a while is bungee trampolining! All the kids, and me, took our turn and I even got brave enough to do some back flips. My arms were dang sore the next day.


Look at my sweet Claire in her bungee gear. She didn't go quite as high as the rest of us, but I helped her do a flip. She LOVED it so much! As a matter of fact all of Purgatory heard her desire to stay on the trampoline as she screamed hysterically while being unbuckled from the bungee.
Claire and I had a very special time together. I could not have survived this trip without my parents help...thank you both SO much!!! I have not been on a Selke family vacation in years and this was great, I hope that Allan can join us the next time around.
8 comments:
Love your posts. You beat the heck out of me getting your trip documented - I am still on Day 3 of my trip on my blog.
Love the pictures. Makes me miss home. It's weird seeing hometown pictures in someones scrapbook. Glad you are back and had fun.
How fun! Claire is such a brave little thing! I just love that photo of her all dressed up ... she's so cute!
LOVE the dress up picture, the Claire stuffing rocks up her shorts picture, and the pictures of YOU jumping...THOSE were HILARIOUS (the ones of you jumping)! =) It sounds so fun to go next year - for the most part...just a little concerning with a baby and a toddler and no daddy. Yikes...Love ya!!!
Looks like you 2 made some great memories!
Cute, cute, cute, and backflips too! Looks like ya'll had fun. Ski lifts and hail, what a story to tell!
~Elyse~
You two are one adventurous team! What great memories and what fun things Claire can show Allan next year!
you are soooo brave! I would never do that bungee thing!
Post a Comment