Thursday, June 26, 2008

Finished Project


I have wanted to do something above our headboard for the last year and a half and we finally accomplished that goal. After going to mys sister's house and another friends house recently that use a lot of collages to decorate we were inspired. Yesterday I picked out our favorite pictures of just Allan and I and sent in an online order so they would be ready today. We also went to Aaron's Brothers where they are having a huge sell- buy one frame, get the second for a penny. Today I got all the pictures framed and when Allan got home from work we started AND finished our project (this is huge for us, we never finish a project in a resonable amount of time).
I am very pleased with the outcome. It is fun to walk into our room and be reminded of the many adventures we have been on since we got married. These pictures were taken in NYC, Boston, Chicago, Vail, California, Austin, London, Our House, and the TX/NM border which was taken when we moved to Texas a few years ago. What fun memories. There are so many more fun times we have shared, but the wall wasn't big enough to house all of them.
Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Amy said...

Looks great!

Sara said...

I love it! I want a wall like that. =) Way to go on starting and finishing a project all in the same day! That would be equally as huge for me!

Mama Jeannie said...

Way to go! Emily, you and Allan did a great job. Your whole bedroom is very pretty and cozy. Truly that little retreat you wanted, isn't it? Can't wait to see all your pics in person. Great idea. I thought about that too after seeing Amy's bedroom wall. I am further inspired now.

Sarah said...

Looks GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Leanna said...

Wow! That looks great Emily. Funny too, as I was going to post a few pictures of what we've done. Sadly, not so cool...but oh well.

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

That looks great - and I'm so happy for the reminder about AB's penny sale. Love going to that!