Yesterday I took Claire to have ice cream with her cousins and when it was time to leave Jack asked if he could come home with me. I told him that he was more than welcome, but when we got home Claire was going to take a nap and I had a few things that I had to get done around the house. He still wanted to come. As soon as we walked through the door he said "I wanted to surprise you. What can I do to help? Can I clean up the toys in the living room while you put Claire down?" I told him that he didn't have to help he was more than welcome to just watch TV or play the Wii, but he really wanted to do something to help me. after he would complete a task he would ask what else there was for him to do. He ended up cleaning up the living room, playroom, a puzzle that had been spilled in the office, and mopping up the sticky places in the kitchen where Claire had spilled apple juice.
After Claire woke up from her nap he and Claire had such a fun time playing together. They played chase, colored, and Jack found a new way to make Claire laugh really hard over and over and over. He is such a good cousin to Claire. She asks for him often. I really appreciate how he gets down on her level and tries to find ways to connect with someone that is six years younger.
Jack is an amazing kid! There is just something really special about him, he has a very sweet heart. I am so blessed to have him as my nephew. Thank you Jack for surprising me and helping me straighten my house, thanks for teaching me some cool stuff on Mario Kart, and for playing so well with Claire. You are one of the greatest little men I have ever known! I love you so much!!!



4 comments:
Aww! Thanks for loving and honoring my boy.
What a great kid! And helpful - I should bring him home with me sometime! :)
Oh, that is so sweet. Who knew little boys could be so helpful? Jack may need to come over and teach Bub a few things!
Well now... that brought tears to my eyes. What a sweet kid. I love you Jack.
Post a Comment