Sunday, June 15, 2008
My Dad
My Dad is pretty much the greatest man ever. I have loved him since I was born and there is pretty much nothing that will ever change that. There is just something special about him. He is happy, laid back, peaceful, accepting, generous, humble, and so much more. My dad has never been the guy that wants to be the center of attention, life of the party. Even though his job while I was growing up kept him pretty busy and as he would say "my mom raised us by herself and did a good job" I never felt neglected by him. He was the quite strength that held our family together. I appreciate all that he did, the sacrifices he made to allow my mom to stay at home and raise all four of us. You both did a good job, if I do say so myself. I loved that even though we didn't have a ton of material things I never felt like I was missing out. He was and is a great provider. Even though I am all grown up, I still feel like a daddy's girl. I want him to be proud of me, I value his opinion, I love him.
Thank you Dad for being so fantastic! I love watching you be Claire's Poppie and a great father-in-law to Allan. Happy Father's Day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Great post! And I ditto all of that, Dad! I love you!
Oh how I love the way my kids love their Daddy! I love you too Darrell and I am glad you are our children's hero. :0)
Post a Comment