Wednesday, June 4, 2008

It Is FINISHED!!!

Allan and I decided that for Christmas/Anniversary we would give our room a makeover. We wanted it to feel a little more like a retreat than a catch all room with white walls. Who knew that it would take about SIX MONTHS for this idea to come to fruition and it would get worse before it got better. After going to bed every night with windows missing blinds, tarps on the floor along with paintcans and every other painting accesory you can imagine, and don't forget the massive ladder and the new bedding we boutght a long time ago piled on the floor...IT IS FINISHED!

It turns out that trying to paint a room wth a very active one year old and two procrastinating adults is ALMOST impossible. Thank you Allan for finishing what you started and getting our room painted! It is beautiful!

Claire was also SO excited to see the new bedding in the room. She loves jumping on it and playing "asleep/wake up" multiple times a day.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

Well, could you please attach some "finished" pics? I want to see your little retreat in print, OK? :0)

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

It looks beautiful! Love the wall color. I laughed at the first photo of Claire on the ladder with Allan ... yah, I can't imagine why it was hard to get it done. ;)

Sara said...

Yippee! It's about TIME! =) Just kidding...remember that was coming from the one who STILL isn't settled in her "new" house...eight and a half months later. Yeah, it's hard with our little squirts...AND we're bad procrastinators! I hate it...but it's true. =) Can't wait to see the new room. Some pictures WOULD be nice. Duh! Love ya!

Leanna said...

Yea! Congrats...one down, the rest of your life to fix other things! =)

In His Grip said...

How fun. It looks georgeous, love the bedding.

Elizabeth said...

That bedding is so pretty! Post more pics! :-)

Amanda said...

It looks great -- I know you have to be relieved. I can't imagine sleeping in a construction zone for six months! You're a far more patient woman than I.