Well we started out our weekend with a little relaxation, washing the cars, a minor cleaning of the garage, sunscreen application, squeeze into our swimsuits, getting Claire buckled into her carseat so we could go to the pool, and then HOLD THE PHONE I hear Allan yell "GOSH DANGIT!!!" while he was watering a tree. I went over to see what happened and much to my surprise I see quite a bit of blood and loose skin on the bottom of his big toe as he sat in the front yard. That's right folks he tripped on the metal edging around our flower bed and we were off to Urgent Care. When the medical professionals took a look at it they said it was much worse than he and I thought. I won't get too gory, but after five shots (pain killer, nausea medicine, tetnus, and an antibiotic), there was a flushing of the wound, scraping out the dirt, superglueing the unviable skin flap down, lime green bandaging applied, and a fancy hospital shoe put on, we were off to finish our day. We didn't make it to the pool needless to say, but we all got a nap so that was good.
I feel really sorry for my poor hubby. Major lacerations are never fun, but when they are on the bottom of your big toe they really stink (you kind of use the bottom of your foot pretty often).
5 comments:
Oh, poor Allan! That's not a fun way to spend a day.
I didn't cut myself, but I have similar boo-boos on the bottom of both of my feet right now, and I am finding them quite inconvenient. Here's hoping he heals quickly!
Poor Allan! That sounds awful. Hope he heals quickly.
Oh man, that stinks. I hope he gets that healed up soon.
OMG.....that sounds extremely painful. I winced upon your description!
Ouch- that really stinks. I'm sure you never know how much you use your big toe until you have an accident like that. Hope your man is healing quickly! Give him plenty of TLC!
Post a Comment