Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Birthday Celebration


We had Claire's 2nd birthday party this last weekend and it turned out to be really fun. We had a lot of family in town adn a few friends were able to make it as well. I was a little baffled at what to do for Claire this year since her birth day is so flipping hot and she still doesn't totally get it. We decided on going to our neighborhood pool. Everyone seemed to have a great time splashing around together. I didn't get to enjoy the activities quite as much since I was hosting, but that is the way it goes. I left wishing I could have spent more time with everyone that made the effort to be around for the big day.

Claire loved having everyone sing to her and did a great job blowing out her two candles all by herself. After two hours she still was not ready for the party to end. She loves the water so much.

I refuse to say that she is two yet because her real birthday is not until Thursday. I am in denial that my baby is a full blown toddler. I am sure that you can expect a sappy post on July 31st.

5 comments:

Amy said...

Love the slide show!

I know... I have felt like I missed the party after all of my kids' birthday parties... all 22 of them. :) It is always hard on the mommy to balance hosting and having adult conversations and keeping the party flowing and organized... while enjoying watching her child enjoy the party that she is giving them. I wouldn't trade any of them though. I know that my kids have loved their parties and that they feel super-loved on that day! I think that the craziness of "party day" might be why my family adores having a special "family day" on our actual birthdays - we do something that the birthday girl/ boy wants to do, eat where they want to eat, etc... and we do it all at a very slow pace. Much different from "party day"! Both kinds of days are wonderful and important though. (You'll have to remind yourself of that in about 363 days. :) )

Elyse said...

Enjoy your sweet "baby." Yes she is two, but she will always be you sweet baby girl!
~Elyse~

Amanda said...

Happy (early) birthday, Claire!

I understand missing out on birthday parties. We try to occasionally have a party somewhere that comes with a hostess. I makes a difference! There's a cute dress-up/tea party place in Grapevine that provides hostesses. Maybe when Claire's three?

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

The party was really fun ... I thought you did a great job of making "rounds". Love that photo of Luke on the little raft.

Jenny said...

Sounds like you made it a great day for everyone!!