Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Humph!

I am not going to talk about this too much on my blog, but today I am in the mood. I want to be pregnant! I am tired of trying and failing. It is taking a lot longer than I had hoped it would take and having negative pregnancy tests is getting really old.
This month I am looking at the positives...I get to go diving while we are in Lanai in a few weeks. I get to have a few glasses of champagne and a mai tai for old time sake while on vacation as well (Krista this won't be the same without you and a croquet mallet). Claire will be a little older and able to understand a little more once we ever do get to have a baby in this house (she was a bit clingy after I babysat Chloe Grace the other night). I think that is pretty much it on the positive side.

14 comments:

Amanda said...

I'm sorry for your struggle -- I think about you all the time. In the past, doctors and James would all crack jokes about the "practice" at least being fun, but after a while, you get tired of just practicing. I understand where you're at and am praying for you.

Leanna said...

We're praying for you too. But like you said, there's quite a few positives there and a lot of fun to be had with your family this summer. Enjoy the summer being able to fit into your regular swim suit!

krista said...

I'm sorry ... I am sure it is frustrating. I was really hoping to get on your blog today and find a big announcement. I had a major dream last night that you were pregnant. The dream went on and on (and it was a boy). Glad to see you are focusing on the positives..it will happen soon. I think you may get a "Made in Hawaii" baby :)

krista said...

And, I really wish I could be there to join you and have some croquet fun :) That was such a fun day!!!

Amy said...

Sorry, Sister! Really!!! I remember the royal-pain that it is to want a baby so badly and try so hard to get one... And those negative pregnancy tests are from H-E-Double Hockey Sticks! Hang in there!

Jenny said...

Em- so sorry it's been a struggle. It's good to vent and allows us to know how to pray.

Sarah said...

I am so sorry you are dealing with this. I am praying for sure.

Mama Jeannie said...

I love you Emmie and I will be praying too. I liked Krista's dream.

Kate said...

Hang in there! Fingers and toes crossed for next month!

Anonymous said...

I am not tired of trying : )

Allan

Sara said...

Humph, indeed!!! LYLAS!!!!!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I'm sorry for you ... I know from our few talks that this has been a struggle lately. I'm praying for you guys. I like the idea in a comment above about a Made in Hawaii baby! :)

Amanda said...

Oh, Allan. Are the boys ever tired of trying? At least he's a good sport about everything. That's a blessing.

A "Made in Hawaii" baby sounds perfect.

gwsas4 said...

How long have you been trying? I'm so sorry you are having this struggle. It took us longer than we'd hoped to get pregnant with Nathan. I understand the waiting & the negative tests & the emotional weariness. I'll be praying for you!