Allan and I are getting on a flight in about six hours so he can be a groomsman in Savannah on Friday. I will probably cry for the first half of the flight knowing that my baby is going to wake up on her birthday without her mommy there to celebrate with. She is being left in loving capable hands, but not my hands, and that is hard for me.
All that to say...I am working up a super sappy "Happy Birthday Princess Claire" post, but it will not be here on her actual birthday because I will not be here with my computer and I am too tired to get it done tonight. If you think of it over the next four days say a little prayer for me. I am really struggling with this whole leaving my girl thing. I really want to have a fun reconnecting weekend with my hubby. This is the longest I have ever left my girl though and I am sure that I will be calling my poor mother-in-law a million times a day...thank goodness she is patient.
I will end like this...Happy Birthday to you my sweet Claire Bear (in 13 minutes)
3 comments:
Hang in there. I am thinking about you and hoping that you have a great, relaxing time away.
Have fun in Savannah! Can't wait to hear about it.
Well, that just about made me cry. I so understand your sadness. I feel it still, when I don't get to be with my "babies" on each of your special days. That will never change, but you will develop thicker skin through the years. I pray you and Allan will have a fabulous time with friends and with each other this weekend. I'll call Claire later and sing "Happy Birthday To You".
Post a Comment