Wednesday, May 6, 2009

The Booty Store

Around 8:45 tonight Claire went into the pantry and when she came out she said she wanted to eat Pirate Booty (basically an organic cheeto).  We didn't have any so Allan said "maybe Mommy will take you to the store to get some".  A few minutes later we told her tit was time to go upstairs to read books and get ready for bed when we noticed she was not only wearing her silver sparkle dress, she was also putting on her white foofy socks and pink shoes.  She said "but we are going to the booty store."  Allan had not been too specific and she thought that he meant I would take her tonight to get her Booty fix.  It was just too cute to pass up so we headed to the grocery at 9:00pm (and that is why we are the coolest parents ever) she was so excited and kept talking about going to "The Booty Store".  Much to our dismay found they had stopped carrying any of the Booty snacks (Pirate Booty, Fruity Booty, or Veggie Booty).  We let her shop around for a bit it came down to a sparkle baton, Betty Boop Mother's Day balloon, and chocolate milk.  With a little direction we headed back home with a milk box and went straight upstairs.  We have said our family prayers and battled over why she can't sleep with an open milk container and now she and Allan are telling funny stories and she is singing her heart out.  I think that Allan will be asleep before she is.  I love that kid and I am glad that we totally broke routine and spent some time with our funny kid.  She was quite the sight in her outfit and the people that shop that late were very entertained by her.  It was a good night!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Very cute, I can just picture it now. You and Allan are very cool parents letting her break curfew----just wait until she's a teenager and she wants to stay out past bedtime:)

Mama Jeannie said...

OH NO!!!!! There aren't pictures? I want so much to see her in all her night-time-grocery-sparkles. You guys are some great parents for sure. However.... I am at a loss as to why you didn't let her sleep with that open milk carton. Hmmmmmm... something to ponder. :0)

Shan said...

What a great post! LOL! I had to read it to my hubby. You are great parents to go ahead and take time to be flexible. I have never heard of the booty stuff. This will be a great story to tell her when she gets older.