
Some of you may remember the night that Allan and I took Claire to the grocery store late at night to try and buy Pirate's Booty. This was the outfit she chose to wear and we loved it.

When I woke up on Mother's Day this was the sign hanging just outside my room. Allan and Claire had worked really hard decorating it and making a list of some of the things they love about me. It was one of the most special sign ever. I love when they work together to be creative and make me feel loved.

This last weekend Allan took Claire on her first fishing outing. They first made a pitstop at the store to buy a pink fishing pole. Claire has been talking about this adventure with her daddy ever since. I absolutely love that the two of them are buddies. Allan is an amazing dad, Claire and I are both blessed to have him on our lives. They didn't catch anything this time around, but are looking forward to their next trip to the lake very soon. I think that we are going to take her out to the golf course sometime this week, I can't wait.

Well this is what I look like at 35 4/7 weeks pregnant. I had my first progression check yesterday and was really disappointed when he told me that all the contractions and discomfort I have been feeling have been for nothing. I was a double 0 (not dilated or effaced at all). The bright side was that I had lost a pound and my belly was only measuring a week ahead instead of three because he has dropped a bit recently. I cannot believe that he will be here three weeks from Thursday, June 11th. Physically I am ready to get this little man out of me and I am feeling much better emotionally about adding a new member to the family as well. There are still a few organizing things I need to get done soon, just in case I go into labor on my own in the near future.

Lastly, I was sitting on the couch last night and looking at the picture and frame across the room from me. I just love it and thought I would take a picture of it. I think it was one of Claire's most angelic looking pictures, it captured a side of her that rarely shows itself since she is normally smiling/laughing and running wild. The quote on the frame was one that I had never seen and I think that it captures the way I truly feel about being her mommy.
6 comments:
Love all the pictures. You look like you're ready to pop, Em ... and you couldn't be cuter. I can't believe the big day is almost here!
I adore Claire, you look cute, and I love that frame and the photo in it!
When do you want me to come take some pictures of your Jacob-belly?
YOU LOOK SOOOOO CUTE!
Oh my goodness! You look so pretty Emily. I adore your Jacob tummy!! Loved Claire's late night shopping outfit too. Hilarious. Can hardly wait for the big birthing day, but I think I'm gonna miss your belly. Adorable! That picture Claire and frame are my favorite too. Would love to have a frame like that with my four punkin seeds' little faces in it. what a beautiful thought someone thought.
Love it all! And Mom, you should steal the quote and paint it on a frame or something.
It always makes me so happy to hear about your 'little family' adventures. You guys are great! And holy cow, Jacob needs to get his butt in gear, because I don't think you can get much bigger!
Post a Comment