Monday, May 11, 2009

Mother's Day Weekend

We had a great weekend.  It was so relaxing that we didn't even take pictures (granted our normal camera lens is broken, so there really was no way we could have had we wanted to).  I will make it brief because let's face it a post without pictures is not the most entertaining.

Saturday- Allan let me sleep in which was aided by the Ambien that I have started some nights.  When I finally crawled out of bed we decided to make a trip to the donut store and to pick up weed killer at Home Depot.  I was without make up and had my hair in a ball, but the weather was so cool we decided to just keep on driving to the zoo.  It was a great spontaneous outing.  Claire got to feed the little parakeets for the first time and she thought that was super cool.  I definitely had to take a little Tylenol and you guessed it another Ambien to make it through the night, but it was so worth it to make some memories with my little family.

Sunday- Once again I got to sleep in which was super cool.  I woke up to a great Happy Mother's Day sign and a list of things that they love about me.  Allan cooked a yummy breakfast and then cleaned the kitchen and helped straighten up around the house.  Once all of that was finished we weren't quite sure what the next step was for the day and then Allan suggested a last minute trip to Austin.  One of the perks of having a husband in the airline industry is that we can do last minute flights for the afternoon.  We hopped on a plane, rented a car for the day, played at Zilker Park, ate at our favorite hole in the wall Green Mesquite, and headed back home.  It was a great day.  I did end up having a lot of contractions and discomfort because of a little too much activity, but that was the only downside.  Overall it was a great day.

I love being a mom.  I love having a helpful husband to share this journey with.  I love making memories with my little family and do not take these moments for granted.

4 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Sounds like a great weekend!

Anonymous said...

What a nice weekend---and how fun, a day at Zilker Park, Claire must have loved it. I also love the Green Mesquite:)

Mama Jeannie said...

I LOVE your Mother's Day Em!! Yes, I do wish you had pics. That is probably why very few ever read my blog entries and why I rarely write anymore. No pics, no entertainment... even if words are filled with beautiful thoughts on paper. Ah well, such is our world in this century.

Sara said...

=)...Glad you had such a fun weekend!!! Love you! See you in a bit.