Sunday, June 1, 2008
Love This
I am one of those people who dreams about the little things that I will experience as a mother. One of the things I have been excited about since I knew I was havng a baby girl was painting her toenails. Who knew that I would have a little princess that rarely sits still for more than a couple of minutes, and HATES for me to do anything to her fingernails and toenails. The other day I couldn't wait any longer. I laid her down in our bed for her nap and painted her toes. Then I had to lay beside her and make sure that she didn't roll over or touch my sheets with the red polish. I LOVE them and so did she when she woke up. She started saying "pretty toes" and didn't want to wear shoes that covered her toes for the rest of the afternoon. The new has worn off for her and so has some of the polish, but you can bet that my covert painting during naptime will happen a bit more regularly.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


7 comments:
So fun! I love that you took a picture. I am going to do the same even though mine's older.
That cracks me up that you snuck it on her while she was napping! She looks like a little princess.
Cute, cute, cute!!! I still think it's so funny that you did that and took the time to hold her still while she slept. These days, that sounds horrible to me - I would much rather be catching some zzzzz's too! And I type that I sit here wasting MY nap time! =)
that is so sweet.. i can't wait..
this is so cute! i love that you did this during while she was sleeping!!
That's so sweet Em... and funny too. I'm just now catching up on your blog and I love the story of your Austin trip and all the pics. The entry about Cooper was precious! I LOVE the toenails and I love you! You are a good and very fun mama.
I have to say that is hilarious. Don't worry--soon she'll be begging you to paint her toenails! That's how I get the girls to let me cute their toenails, which they hate.
Post a Comment