Monday, September 29, 2008

Family Fun in MA


We were able to get some great pictures at the wedding. Claire was in her element, I think she is going to be a party girl (a very sweet moral party girl of course). She danced her little feet off and would dance with anyone who happened to be in front of her. One time I couldn't find her and when I looked out on the dance floor she was jumping and clapping with the bride's grandfather and brother, it was hilarious. She chased the flower girls (aka the princesses) around and was thrilled when they included her in their game of chase and dancing spinning circles. She said "I dance with princess mommy. I love princess, she's my favorite!", I loved it. Anyone getting married and needing some entertainment should invite Claire, she is the life of the party. Claire's other favorite person of the weekend was Holland. She is a sweet eleven year old that took Claire under her wing. It was so nice to have her "babysit" throughout the reception. I think they both wish they could have spent more time together. We were also able to see Allan's dad showing off his signature dance move and as always it was hysterical. There were some great people at the wedding, I wish that I could have talked to them a bit more.
Claire getting a little beach time. She kept asking to do see the ocean and look for dolphins going splashDaddy stopping by the table for a visit while Claire ate a ton of cheeseMy date for the wedding- Allan sat at a different table since he was a part of the wedding party

Playing Hide and Seek under our table

Loving her two on one time with Papa and Mimi

This is one of the best pictures I have of Claire and her Mimi

My little dancing queen getting the royal cheer from her biggest fans

Claire having her dream come true- dancing with the princesses

My in laws know how to party. Gig is the only one who can really keep up with Allan on the dance floor.

This was on one of our many legs of our trip home yesterday. We left The Cape at 5:45 (TX time), then flew from Providence to Philadelphia to San Antonio (where we were nicely asked to get off of the flight because we were standby passengers and the flight had filled up) to Houston to Dallas. We arrived home about fourteen hours after we started our day. Allan and I were exhausted and Claire was the biggest trooper. She is learning how to standby travel like a pro, we were so proud of her.

6 comments:

Sara said...

Fun post! I love Claire's dress. And the picture of Dr. K and Gig dancing is one of the best pictures ever! =)

Mama Jeannie said...

What a happy fun time all of you must have had! Loved the pics and our Claire-beary sure looked cute. Glad she had as much fun or more than anyone. Happy happy times, huh?

Leanna said...

Wow! Looks beautiful, even with a little rain. I must admit, you have the best wedding locations!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Claire's such an awesome traveler. I love those photos - they're all so good. The one of you and Allan, and the one of the three of you, are great! Love the dress, Emily. You get to go to good weddings! (and the photos of your in-laws dancing are so fun!)

krista said...

You guys look great! I am glad you had a fun time :)

Amanda said...

Gorgeous pictures, but my, what a long travel day. I don't envy that!