Monday, September 8, 2008

Guess What?

I just RAN-a better definition might be jalked (jogged/walked)- almost two and half miles!!!!!

You have no idea how HUGE that is for me at this point in my life. I have decided to get back on the working out bandwagon again. There are a few reasons for this...
-I am beyond unhappy with the way my body looks these days, I need to feel confident again
-Supposedly this can only help in the getting pregnant project
-I really want to be a good example to Claire and running while she is sitting in the jogging stroller can only encourage her to be a girl who cares about her health
-I want Allan to think I am not a total slacker (FYI he would never say that he felt this way out loud)

11 comments:

Kate said...

Good luck! I'll be rooting for you! I wish I could find the motivation myself...

In His Grip said...

Way to go. Keep it up girl.

Elizabeth said...

You go girl! I'm so proud of you!

Jenny said...

That's great- nothing better than those endorphines from working out!

Sarah said...

Way to go...I'm impressed!!!!!

Sarah W said...

That's so great, Emily! I've recently been feeling the exact same way and have been trying to run in the evenings. Good luck to you!!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Good for you!!

Sara said...

NICE! I hope to jump on that bandwagon again in a couple of months as well. We'll see if it happens...hopefully it will! =) Keep up the good work. =)

Sara said...

What "endorphines" is Jenny talking about?! =) Yikes!

Mama Jeannie said...

Emily, I am so proud of you! And I like all of your reasons for 'jalking'... neat new word for all our vocabularies. :0) I went for my BearFit assessment at the SLC yesterday and got some pretty straight-forward exhortation from a lady who is about my age (I think) and who is fit as a twenty year old. She measured my FAT and without hesitation said, "This is NOT a good number." I measured 38 and she measures 20. She said to stop looking at the scales; my weight might not change that much, but I will see results in muscle mass and I will get smaller. She didn't say "MIGHT" get smaller, but that if I do the program as she lays it out, I "WILL" get smaller, feel better, and will be healthy. I like her attitude, honesty, and postive motivation. You go Baby Doll. You can do it and so can I.

Anonymous said...

If we lived closer I'd join you! Can't manage 2 miles though. That's impressive!