We have been watching a lot of the Republican National Convention this week and I have been FLOORED by some of the things that these self respecting, hi flouting, government lovers will wear to show their support for their party. I have decided that if I ever go to one of the Republican love fests the hat shown above will absolutely be my accessory of choice. I mean what says "I love America and Republicans" more than a massive stuffed elephant wearing an Uncle Sam hat balancing on top of your head.Let me also just say that before watching the last two weeks of Democratic and Republican Conventions I was not TOTALLY sure what I thought our country needed for the next four years, but I can say today, WITHOUT A DOUBT, elephants will be so much better than donkeys for America. I have totally fallen for Palin first and McCain second. They are a fantastic duo and if they accomplish half of what they plan to we will be so much better off as a country.
I guess that pretty much ends my political post for a long while (in general I HATE politics).
4 comments:
I know!!! Allie was interested in watching the speeches with us the last 2 nights. She and I liked the speeches, but we loved the hats and the middle aged ladies bouncing up and down with excitement in their business suits like they were cheerleaders.
Well, I thought the middle-aged women jumping up and down like cheerleaders were a bit cheezy, but I LOVED Sarah Palin's speech! She took on her opponents, the media, and a pushy government and showed that a woman with five children including a special needs child and a husband who she adores can step up to the challenge with courage, humor, and a straight-forwardness for what she believes, and capture the love and respect of a nation. I found myself almost jumping up and down like those cheezy die-hard middle-aged Republican women. :0) We didn't get to watch TV last night, but I will find our future (I pray so) President's speech on the internet this morning. I agree Em, if they accomplish half of what their dream is, we will move forward as a nation. Unborn children will have a chance to stop being murdered and our troops in Iraq and around the world will get the honor, support, and provision they deserve. We may even get to drill for oil in our own country for Pete's sake and we won't lose the freedom we have to defend ourselves and our homes. Not that I would ever want to carry or shoot a gun, but by golly, I believe we should have the right to have one. Hey, that's neat that our Allie is interested in what's happening in our nation at such a young age. How amazing and awesome is that?!
amen! go maccain/palin!!
It's an elephant house for us here in Tennessee. I, too, loved Palin! ...although, I was already set on McCain. Palin is just an awesome bonus!
Post a Comment