Wednesday, May 27, 2009

37 weeks (tomorrow)

I went in for another check up today to see how this baby boy of mine is coming along.  I was sure that I would be heading straight over to the hospital to give birth after the amount of contractions I have been having the last 15+ hours...oh wait the being in labor part was a little bit of a dream, but that would have been so cool.  

Anyway, the tape measure does not lie, you people are right, I am big.  My belly was measuring in at a plump 41 weeks.  Did you remember the title of this post?  I am just 37 weeks into this journey.  
Speaking of big bellies, I am going to go of on a little tangent- if you have a close relationship with someone by all means talk about the size of their belly and laugh, call them fatso, make jokes about them having multiples, take bets on when they will deliver, do what ever your comfort level inside your friendship allows.  BUT if you don't know the person with the big belly either keep your mouth shut so you don't say anything stupid (kidding...kind of) or tell them how cute they are and just keep moving.  Believe me when I say that when a woman is at this point in her pregnancy and there is no doubt that they are measuring big and they are waddling everywhere they go and they have worn the same two shirts and one pair of shorts for the last month because that is all that fits them, the last thing she wants to hear is "Wow, you are really big!" or "please don't have that baby while you are in my store" or "I can't believe you are able to walk with that huge belly" or "when were you due? last week".  You are not funny and what you are saying is NOT original, or encouraging.  There are some people who think I am very wise so you should listen to what I have to say ;) OK, now that I have that off my chest I feel so much better.

***I had a big smile on my face while writing that last little bit.  I am not truly offended by stupid comments about the size of my belly (most of the time).  Please take this opportunity to get your panties out of a wad.*** 

For those of you still with me, I will let you know about the rest of my doctor's appointment a few hours ago.  Dr. F does not typically do a progress check at every appointment but since I had not progressed one little bit last week I insisted.  I am glad I did, it turns out all these incredibly uncomfortable contractions are doing a little something.  He gave me a 1.75, which I was pleased with.  He assured me that our little guy is head down, he even touched his head.  How cool is that?!?!?  I mean if you don't think about it too much.  

I asked him to do his guesstimation on how big Jacob is weight wise and although there is nothing that will tell us for sure he said that he was pretty sure that he was just under 8 pounds.  He doesn't think that he will reach 9 pounds within the next two weeks which was encouraging.  Again, this is all estimation, only God knows the exact measurements of our baby boy. 

All in all I was encouraged by this appointment.  I really needed to hear that I had progressed some.  It was a bit of a blow last week when I was a double 0.  There are some people wanting to take bets on when I will deliver.  Most people who see me in person think there is no way I will make it another week.  I am scheduled to deliver on June 11th and Allan and I both think that will be the day.  I have no expectation of having him any earlier.  That being said, Allan has been instructed by me to have his cell phone with him at all times...just in case :)

My plans for the next two weeks are to get a few more things knocked off the to do list, have my sister take a few preggo pictures of me, play with my Claire Bear as much as humanly possible, cuddle my husband as much as my body temperature and belly will allow and take it easy whenever I get the chance.  

I cannot believe that he will be here two weeks from tomorrow...holy toledo!!

15 comments:

Jenny said...

You are the cutest full term pregnant woman I've seen! So, anyone making such stupid comments really just mean, "I wish I looked this darn cute when I was 9 months pregnant!"
And I'm sure anyone will agree with me!
So glad you got a great report. No matter when he decides to make his debut you can take comfort in knowing it will be within the next 2 weeks- kind of a thrilling thought! Enjoy the final days as a family of 3. Of course, a family of 4 will be even better than you ever imagined!

Unknown said...

how exciting!!!!!

Mama Jeannie said...

Ditto to Jenny's comment. Not only are you cute, you're stinkin' hilarious. Oh by the way, I know someone who just deliverd an 11 lb. baby and she didn't have a C-section. Isn't that encouraging? They are even doing well after all that. Good grief! Your great aunt Margie weighed in at a whoppin' 13 lbs., so big babies do run in the fam. Take heart though; Margie was number 12.

Amanda said...

Holy toledo, indeed!! And who is calling you Fatso, because I'd sure like to set them straight?! I think you look adorable, but I also think there's no way you're going another two weeks -- particularly with that big ol' boy hanging on to your tiny little frame. So, who's taking bets and where do I place mine? :)

P.S. So thankful for progress. I know you must be relieved to have some end in sight.

Elyse said...

SO EXCITED for you...I am shocked, seriously shocked, someone would tell any woman not to have a babe in their store...what nerve!
~Elyse

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

Was that directed to me? :) Have you noticed that I haven't said ANYTHING about your belly lately except that you're cute??? :) You really are absolutely adorable, Emily. I loved the photo of you in your bathing suit (on Amy's blog) ... you couldn't be cuter. I'm so excited you're nearing the end of this pregnancy ... can't wait to see that beautiful (big) baby boy!

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

I just read that post again and I honestly can't believe you're having this baby in two weeks (at the most). I'm so excited!

Leanna said...

Two weeks! Two weeks! Wow, I can't believe time-wise Jacob is almost here...but you are one totally cute preggo lady! If there's anything in the next few weeks you need help with, please let us know!

Sara said...

HI-LARIOUS!!!!!!

Katie said...

Yeah! I'm so glad you made some progress this week. Even if it means nothing about when we'll actually deliver, doesn't it make us feel better to start dialating?? Take it easy these next few weeks and rest up for life with two kiddos! So sad I'm not going to be here to meet him.

Jenny said...

Oh, and something just hit me today... so you're just over 4 weeks ahead of me and we're measuring 10cm (weeks) difference on the belly! You're at 41 and I'm at 31- how wild!

Courtney said...

You're so funny! Hang in there!

Amy said...

Funny post, Fatso!

Just kidding. So glad that you are progressing! I can't believe that the Little Man will be here so soon! Boy - your pregnancy flew!

Mama Jeannie said...

Only your sisters could get away with that. hahahahaha I gasped when I read Amy's comment.

In His Grip said...

Very honest blog. I have only heard sweet things about how cute you are. I can't believe we are going to meet your little guy so soon. You will love having a boy. Tell Claire "hello" from Mrs. Davis. I can't wait to see her swim.