Friday, May 8, 2009
What The Stretchmarks?!?!?!?
Ok so here is the deal...although the final outcome of pregnancy is a true blessing and I know that becoming pregnant and staying pregnant with a healthy baby is a true blessing there are parts of it that are not pretty and I am in the THICK of it!!! The look of pregnancy, meaning my round belly, I love. Feeling my little guy kick and twirl inside me I love. There are a few things I am NOT loving at the moment...breakouts from the waist up, lack of circulation to my legs, not sleeping without the help of medication, feeling like my baby weighs about four hundred pounds, and the new one for today- FREAKIN' STRETCHMARKS. I didn't get any of those little beauties until my last week of pregnancy the first go around and there were only one or two tiny ones. This time they have popped up at 34 weeks and I have a feeling they are only going to get worse which stinks. I just told Allan that when my pregnancy days are over in a few years I will be getting some touch ups done to this body of mine and now I can add stretchmark removal to the list. I would post pictures, but really now, who wants to see that? Here is the deal before any of you get too up in arms about what I wrote. I am so thankful to be having a healthy baby boy in four weeks and six days at the most. If going through the yuck brings me a kiddo it is totally worth it. I just wish there was a less painful more glorious way to get the same outcome.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Here Here! One thing about it though, everything you mentioned will pass. The stretch marks.... not so much, but they do lighten as the years go by. AND, you can thank the Lord above that you only have a few of those happy marks. I'm soooo excited that the time is flying by and we will soon get to hold your little boy in our very arms. :0)
Just a literary flashback..."Red Badge of Courage". Now apply it to your stretchmarks. I didn't even realize I had them with Logan until the week before I had him. I guess I was too big to actually see under my belly. I suppose Greg probably noticed them, but he was wise not to say anything! Now when I see them (your mom's right, they do fade!), I get sad because I know the more they fade the bigger my boys are getting. Sounds crazy, but it's true!
P.S. Logan just told me today he wanted a little sister so he could buy her a Barbie birthday cake. I'm thinking about extending my "be done with baby-having" age from 30 to 31...we'll see!
Here's the deal, Em: you've looked stinkin' cute the whole pregnancy and I'm happy to hear you've got stretchmarks going on under there! :) You know I'm kidding ... kind of.
Well, I'll never see your naked belly... :-) I think you're cute!
Ha Ha! "Touch up work"... I've said that about my post breastfeeding physique.
Isn't it great though that our husband's still love us despite the mama marks?
It's all battle wounds, Em. I have different ones from different pregnancies. I thought I surely wouldn't get any new ones this go round... and I am wrong. I'm 4 weeks behind you and got some new ones already.
I think you look super cute!
Ugh! I HATE ALL of those unpleasantries!!!! I do concur that you are one of the cutest pregnant people ever! But I'm really sorry about the pain! Funny post, though. =)
You are definitely a cute pregnant gal! But, I sympathize with your pregnancy woes...I am in the thick of feeling very "done" with morning sickness and not looking forward to the weight gain, swollen legs and stretch marks to come. It's okay to not love this part of pregnancy! 6 short weeks to go!
Post a Comment