



Alright so I had the great idea to have a crafty day yesterday with my girl. Well, for those of you who know me, I am not the crafty one in my family and it shows. Claire had fun fingerpainting for the first time. I have to give a shout out to Color Wonder by Crayola. It is amazing that the paint only shows up on that one kind of paper. I love her first masterpiece, I hope that I can keep up with it forever!
So, Claire did an amazing job in her craft and I was inspired. I had decided to make shirts for all the cousins to wear to my dad's football game this Friday. No big deal right...all I needed was some iron on paper and a computer. I read the directions about three times so I would be sure and do everything right. They specifically stated to type the words in mirror image so when you iron them on they face the right way. I concentrated really hard on spelling Poppie (that is what his grandkids call him) backwards. I printed all six iron ons and let them dry for a while and then the moment of truth- ironing. Now the instructions said to iron in little circles for about 15-20 seconds, so I thought why not go above and beyond just to make sure everything is stuck down just right. First one accomplished, I was so proud, maybe I am turning the crafty corner...not so much. When I held it up to admire my work the Ps and E were backwards. You can only imagine my frustration. I had already printed six iron ons and of course all of them were wrong- GGGRRRRRR!
So if anyone out there knows how to type a backwards P and E in a word document let me know (preferably before Friday). I think that I will probably always be the one who likes the idea of craftiness but that is about as far as it goes. Oh well, I am good at other things right? I just cannpt put my finger on them at the moment HAHA
6 comments:
You goofball. That is hilarious!! What a sweet thought though. Dad will love it! Tell Claire that I think she is an amazing artist with a contemporary flare. :0)
You need to call Lori Clark. She's done it many times before! She'll help you out!
That is hillarious. I know Dad will love it... even backwards!
You should frame Claire's artwork from yesterday. It would be one of those things that she will always remember being in her house wheb she was growing up... and you'll never misplace it if it is hanging on the wall. :)
i tried to do this a few months ago.
here's the answer.
you can't mirror image in word. they didn't create a command for it. i know, convenient.
BUT you can do this:
use Word Art to type whatever you want it to say
then go to the Draw command, and go to Rotate or Flip
Then Flip Horizontal
If that's too confusing or doesn't work, call or email me and I will help you :)
That is SOOOOOOO funny! I think you should wear them anyway - it's a great story, plus it is unique and will get LOTS of attention!
Yea!!! All the kids will be saying it.
Maybe you just hold Claire up while your dad is in the car and he can read it through the rear-view mirror??
Post a Comment