
Well today is the day...Sara, my sister, my best friend is heading to her new home. She, Beau, and Asher will be starting their new life at a camp in Oklahoma. It is only three or so hours north of here, but it seems further since it is in another state. I promise to make a huge effort to see her a MINIMUM of once every six weeks, but knowing we crazy Selkes I am sure it will be more often than that. Just in case you don't know the crazy Selkes we are a little attached to each other.
I love spending time with my family, especially Sara who I have a very special bond with. If you had known us ten years ago there is no way that you would have thought that she would be my best friend. Our lives were a lot different back then, I was all about being "social" and all that comes with that and she was busy going to missionary school of all things. I held a respectful jealousy for the true happiness she had. Around eight years ago God truly intervened in my life and I had the opportunity to go to Germany with her for a few months. The time we spent overseas began a life changing process in me, it was definately not an overnight success story, I still had my issues when we got back but I also had something else...the deepest friendship I could have hoped for with my sister. Since that fateful trip we have gone on a few other fun adventures together and spent a lot of time "being real" with each other. It is rare that you have someone in your life who truly loves and respects you for exactly who you are- the good, the bad, and the ugly- Sara is one of those people for me. I love you sister!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment