Sunday, September 30, 2007

Honor

My brother Coby is getting a rare opportunity, he is getting to coach with my dad. This is a true honor. I would say that I am a little biased except that everyone who knows my dad would agree. You see my dad is possibly one of the greatest men around. While we were at his game a man came over to us and asked if we were Coach Selke's family. He then said how great he thought my dad and how impressed he is that he can correct and coach the kids without belittling them. I was proud. This is kind of a running theme in my dad's life- he respects others and they respect him. he makes the whole honor your parents thing pretty easy to do.

It was so fun to watch these two at work on the sidelines. They have so many of the same mannerisms which is funny to see. I tell you what TCA is pretty darn lucky to have two great Selke men on the sidelines, I wish they understood that.
This was a special moment after the game when my dad was praying for the team standing beside Coby and Jack. What a great example for his son and grandson.

1 comment:

Ryan said...

Your dad was defintiely the best coach I ever had!