Sunday, September 9, 2007

Tagged by Leanna

The Rules:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the facts.
2. Each player starts with 8 random facts/habits about themselves.
3. People who are tagged need to write their own blog (about their 8 things) and post these rules.
4. At the end of your blog, you need to choose people to get tagged and list their names.
5. Don’t forget to leave them a comment telling them they’re tagged, and to read your blog.

Well I am really not all that interesting, but I will try to think of eight facts that you all may or may not know.

1. I am a certified scuba diver, although I have not been on a dive in three years it is something I actually really enjoy. My favorite dive was the manta ray dive in Kona, Hawaii. It took place a t night and felt other worldly. There were quite a few HUGE mantas that would glide overhead eating the plankton that gathered above our lights.

2. I am one of a rare group of people that had to recieve a uterine embollism after delivering Claire. I hemorraged and lost more than half of my blood. This life saving procedure has given me the opportunity to watch my baby girl grow up and to have more children in the future. This was only the second time my OB had to use this procedure in his twenty five years of practice.

3. I love A1 steak sauce. I will eat it on pretty much any kind of meat, no matter how fancy the resteraunt.

4. I have a hard time screwing lids on. There has been many a spill when pulling out the OJ or Claire's baby food. This is one of my endearing qualities to Allan.

5. I had a tumor removed from my right shin when I was seventeen years old. I had played an entire basketball season thinking that I had really bad shin splints and then the pain was so bad I finally went to the doctor (we Selkes do not go to the doctor unless there is abssolutely NO other option). When they found the tumor they wanted to quick get me in for surgery to see if it was cancer, but I had cheerleading tryouts and prom comng up so I made them wait a few extra weeks. Aren't the priorities of a teenager ridiculous?!?!? Turns out that is was not cancer, thank the Lord!!

6. I am pretty much an anti-feminist...I have a hard time being ok with female doctors, female sportscasters, and females fighting in the military, or females becoming president (yes that means you Hillary). I am NOT saying that I am totally against these professions (except the president thing), I am just saying that sometimes they are hard for this small town Texan to swallow.

7. I am obsessed with blogs these days. I check my friends blogs multiple times a day, even a few people that I do not know, but I have somehow become super into their lives. I pride myself in finding people's blogs that I used to know (like Ryan, the guy from high school).

8. I LOVE having a minivan!!! I never thought that a car could bring me so much joy, but my Honda Odyssey has changed my life. I highly recommend them to anyone who has kids or may have kids one day!

Alright so this was a tag game from my friend Leanna. I was actually tagged a while back and this is the first time I have put any thought into it. I doubt that you all will join in the fun, but it actually was fun to try and think of things that not everyone knows about me. So here are the people I tag: Mom, Sara, Amy, Adrielle, Adrianna, Sarah, Krista

1 comment:

Leanna said...

Yea! You posted. And when did you get a minivan? You have to post a pic!