I cannot believe that 9/11 was so long ago, it feels like yesterday. I have to admit that I didn't know the date today until I looked at my sisters blog and it brought back the memories of that sad day. I was heading out to work at Plantscapers (I watered plants in different businesses around the Waco area, quite the odd job) when I heard the morning DJ say that something had happened in New York. I was not all that interested in the beginning. When I got to my first customer they had a TV on and it showed the World Trade Center on fire and they were just announcing that a plane had hit it. Not too much later plane two made contact. I was sad for the people, but I don't think that the reality of the tragedy had sunk in yet. I moved on to my next customer and when I walked in everyone was silent and gathered around the TV, the towers had fallen and hundreds were dead. As I stood with my fellow Americans I grieved for these people in New York. By the time I went to lunch with my boss that day all we could do was stare at the television and watch the horror of the last few hours playing over and over again...who would do such a terrible thing. I felt angry that someone had the nerve to come into our country and kill so many innocent people. What did that accomplish?!?!?
I am proud to be an American. I am proud of the men and women who risk their lives every single day to protect me and my country. I am still sad when I think of the innocent lives lost that day. I wonder how the survivors are doing, how the families who lost their mother/father, son/daughter, husband/wife are making it through every day. I pray that they are able to find comfort today as the anniversary of their personal loss has come and is almost gone...until next year,
No comments:
Post a Comment