
We had an amazing weekend celebrating our anniversary. Our festivities started on Friday EARLY in the morning. Allan took the day off and we took the 7:30am flight out to Albuquerque, NM where we rented a car and headed to Santa Fe for a day of skiing. We were so surprised with how great the snow was. We had SO much fun just hanging out with each other all alone doing one of our favorite activities. It was really cold and beautiful and perfect. We had dinner at a great resteraunt in Santa Fe called Maria's and then drove back down to catch the last flight back to Dallas. I am so lucky to have a hubby that works for an airline so we can have these opportunities. I feel like it was a great way to start our weekend of celebrating our marriage and reconnecting in a way that did not include being parents. It kind of seemed like old times when we would just decide at the last minute to do a fun day trip.


On Saturday we left just after lunch and went to the movies. We saw National Treasure 2 and really enjoyed it. Afterwards we were off to the Gaylord for the night. It is such a cool place. We had a FANTASTIC dinner at the steakhouse there and then met up with some of our new friends to go watch the disco band Le Freak. That band is a hoot! Let's just say that there are those who should wear spandex....oh wait a minute no nobody should ever wear spandex. We had a really good time hanging out like real adults and not just parents ;) Our anniversary weekend came to a realxing close with a massage and some more hang out time. I highly recommend staying at this hotel, it was really a special time for Allan and I.



At dinner we talked about some of our favorite things from this last year and some things that we wish would have been different. We also talked about things that we look forward to in year number four: events that will be fun, ways we hope to improve our relationship with each other and as a family. We both really feel that although this last year wasn't FUN it was a year that brought us closer and we became better at communication. We look forward to not just surviving this next year, but thriving. We look forward to having FUN with each other on a regular basis. We are committed to improving our relationship everyday and putting our marriage first, even before parenthood (which will be easier said than done). I think that starting to date each other again will not only improve our marriage but also our relationship with our daughter. I look forward to writing a year from now about how fantastic our marriage and our life as mommy and daddy are going...woohoo!!!

7 comments:
Glad yall had fun. Beautiful snow!
We had fun playing with Claire this weekend. I loved sitting in the sandbox with her and watching sand fall through our fingers together, and Cooper cried for Claire each day when he had to leave her.
Good luck with putting your marriage first... I think it is the best thing and the hardest thing that you can do.
I'm so glad you had such a fun weekend!
It looks like you all had a great weekend! SO FUN!!!
What a sweet entry Emily. I love that you and Allan have set goals to "not only survive, but to thrive" this next year. Claire is precious and the older she gets and when she can really talk to convey her thoughts, things will get even more managable. Certainly there will ongoing challenges... that's just life, but you and Allan are doing a great job and will only get wiser and better as each year passes. I love you.
i left you a comment this morning, but it isn't here! weird! :)
i am glad that you guys had such a great weekend away together...sounds like you had a great time just enjoying each other. i love that. i hope you came back refreshed! happy anniversary :)
Wonderful. Fabulous. And can't wait to see how you continue to grow as a couple and as parents! You guys rock.
That looks like an amazing weekend. I love your new resolve -- excellent goals.
Post a Comment