Wednesday, January 16, 2008
Finding Comfort
Claire Bear has never wanted anything other than her mommy when she is sad or sleepy and this has been something that I have loved. There are times however that it would be nice to get a little break from being her only source of comfort and in those times I wish that I would have started giving her a paci early on or something like that. As I mentioned in the previous post Sara has helped save the day with the whole bedtime routine and one of things involved is giving her a blankie and a soft bunny to hold. I have tried doing this in the past and she would have none of it, but the tides are a changing. I love that she is finding a way to comfort herself when I am not around. I think that she looks SO cute tucking her blankie and bunny under her chin. I LOVE how sweet and childlike she looks after I lay her down and she is still cuddling with her two new "friends". I could sit and watch her sleep for hours (although she typically doesn't sleep for more than 45 minutes at a time). She is a dream come true in my life and I am so thankful for her! I wish that I could get a picture of her with her blankie and bunny bit truth be told I am too scared of waking her up, so you will have to use your imagination.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Yeah sweet Claire! And you too Emily! Sam is the only one of mine who has had a true comfort item: his soft, soft, blue, blue blankie. :-) Ian and Emma are fickle and bounce from thing to thing for comfort.
Your sweet baby will find so much self comfort in those items...
Post a Comment