Once we made it to the first holding pen Claire was not thrilled with getting the bracelet on her foot or the ladies trying to get her vitals. She quickly recovered when we pulled out the stickers (thank you Randi). The funniest part of our morning was when they gave her the "giggle juice" I am pretty sure it was straight vodka. She started acting drunk within a few minutes and it was so hysterical. She would just laugh at me saying hi. She had a ball playing with her paci as well. There was no stress when the nurse took her back and much to my suprise the doctor was standing in front of us telling us how great everything went about five minutes after we sat down in the waiting area. It sounds like she may be a new woman now that all the fluid and puss is off her eardrums. I cannot wait to see the difference over the next few days.
When we went back to see her in recovery it was a little sad, but not as bad as I thought it might be. She seemed a little out of it and was crying, but not hysterical (that was a huge answer to prayer). She sat cuddled in my lap for awhile and even ate a popsicle. We were back in the car less than two hours after arriving at the facility. It is amazing to me how fast it all went and how well she did.
We stopped and had breakfast at Cracker Barrel and now she is just about acting normal prancing around the house with a purse on her shoulder and a blue bracelet on her wrist. I think that I will try and put her down really soon and hopefully I will catch a little shut eye as well. I think that I am more tired than she is, but hopefully a little of the anestesia is still in her and she will sleep for longer than twenty minutes. Thank you all so much for your prayers over the last few days. I believe they truly made a difference in how smoothly and peaceful today has gone.
Not loving the jewlery the nurses gave her for her short stay
Decorating herself with stickers
Loving life post giggle juice
Who knew that sitting on a bed could be so funny

Life is always better with a popsicle, even if you are a bit dazed and confused






11 comments:
So glad it's done. This will be a new start for Claire. Get some rest!
YAH! I am SO glad everything went so well. I can't wait to hear how she does over the next few days!!!
so glad it is over and she is doing well...yay!
i am excited to hear about how she's feeling over the next few days and weeks1
Thank You Lord! You heard our cry for help and comfort. You, Lord, are faithful!
Thanks Emily, for posting the pics. I so much wanted to hold and love on Claire Bear myself, so seeing her in the photos helped me not only know in my head that she is all right, but to see it is so. She is such a cutie and I can only imagine how funny she was with the 'giggle juice'.
I'm so glad she did so well! And glad it's over! Hope you all have a great weekend!
Glad to hear everything went well. Hope it helps her feel better. BTW....Claire looked too cute in her pink jammies.
Hi, Emily!
Thanks for "de-lurking" and commenting on my blog! I'll enjoy reading yours now, too, and we'll thank Adrielle for the "blogship."
Glad to know we're raising two similar aged girls, and glad to know you, too!
Asher was "reading" your post with me, and he started waving his hands backwards because he wanted Claire. Then he gave her kisses on the screen. Too cute! =) Love ya!!!
HURRAY! Praise the Lord.
I'm so glad it went well! She will be a new baby now.
Had fun today at the movies! Let's do it again soon.
Yahoo for Claire being a great patient. Hope this keeps her happy and healthy!
Post a Comment