First of all let me say that the previous post can be figured out by googling, so have at it. Let me just say that there is a whole different type of woman out there than I will EVER be.
Well on to bigger and better things, or at least my real life. I am proud of me and my hubby. You see his mom is coming today and his dad will be here tomorrow which we are overjoyed about. There just comes this moment before they arrive that I freak out because my house will not be clean enough, I might not have the right food, the guest room bed is too small, you get the idea. I tend to stress a bit about the small stuff and it's all small stuff (isn't that right daddy?). Last night as I survived a few more hours of a freakishly whiny and clingy child I somehow got everything vaccummed and straightened. Allan, the saint that he is, cleaned bathrooms, mirrors, took out garbage, started laundry, and cleaned the kitchen. I LOVE that man something fierce. We work very well as a team.
I am working on letting Claire fall asleep on her own AGAIN. This seems to be a never ending battle for me. I know that there are people out there who are great at tuning out their baby's cries once the schedule says bedtime, but not me. It does NOT get easier for me, no matter how many people tell me that it will. I also know that my princess cannot rely on me and my bosom for the rest of her life so that puts me at a bit of a crossroads. Since I don't believe in turning off the monitor I am finding other ways to cope with what seems like endless tears on the second floor like dance on bubble wrap with my ipod on (just kidding). Yesterday I laid on my bed with a pillow over my head and cried, but today I took a different approach I actually took a shower which killed two birds with one stone I am clean and pruny and Claire is asleep and it only took THIRTY SEVEN MINUTES. Well speaking of Little Miss Sunshine she is calling my name- yeah for an hour of sleep, she needed it!!!
Did I mention that I really like the movie Juno? The soundtrack is super cool too, you just need to skip one song.
6 comments:
YAH for a clean house, showers and a SUPER helpful hubby! Go Allan!!!!!!
I hope the sleeping gets better and easier for everyone. I know it is hard.
I hope you have fun with your in-laws! And glad you got a shower and a sleeping baby today ... that's hard.
i was sitting here lol at the thought of you dancing on bubble wrap with your ipod on :) funny girl.
i am sorry that you are still struggling with the sleeping. madyson has decided in the last 2 weeks that she does not nap during the day. i get a 10 or 15 min nap about twice and that's it. what is up with these girls and their bad sleeping schedules??
have fun with allan and gig! glad you got a shower! that's more than i can claim today. and nope. haven't even brushed my teeth :)
As I laughed out loud a couple times, I still find my heart truly going out to, not only you, but to all you young mamas with little ones who haven't been able to get the sleep thing down and who make functioning in the day to day routine difficult as best. Showers, brushing teeth, combing hair, cleaning house... all rare luxuries at this point, huh? You ALL are such amazing mommies from my perspective, so be encouraged. The tears will last but a moment and joy does come in the morning... or maybe in a few mornings down the road, so to speak. :0)
I'm sorry that you are having to endure Claire's crying. I know it's AWFUL!!! I HATE that too! But good idea on taking a shower...I would rather think of you dancing on bubble wrap while listening to your ipod though. That was pretty stinkin' funny! Glad you said you were just kidding...I actually believed you. And I'm NOT kidding. =) But who's surprised about that?!
Enjoy your in-laws!
And I absolutely loved Juno- the music was awesome too.
Post a Comment