Tuesday, January 8, 2008

First Gymnastics Class

Claire and I went to our first gymnastics class this morning. It was so fun. This is something that I have been looking forward to since before I had a kiddo. We joined a parent/child class at the gym I worked at seven years ago. I think that this is going to be great for both of us. Claire gets to get some energy out and learn how to interact with others and I get to have a break from just being home with her all day, all alone. I will have to post pictures sometime later, I didn't take any today.
Claire loved the slide, trampoline, bubbles, and balls. She HATED the parachute.
I definately have to get better at getting out of the house in the morning. I am not known for being the most organized and that was proven today. We slept in until about twenty minutes before the class started and so we were in a huge rush. I left without food for Claire or a diaper bag (it wouldn't have been a big deal except we had plans to be out and about until after lunch). Thankfully we were near Target so afterwards we headed over there and I got her a snack, some apple juice, and some wipes (there was one diaper in the car). She did great until she spilled almost all the juice all over her right before our lunch date (so she also got a new outfit). I guess the lessons for a first time mommy never end. Next week I will have food, drinks, diapers, wipes, and an extra outfit just in case =)

1 comment:

Mama Jeannie said...

Good job little mama. I'm so glad you and Claire had such a great time out and about. I can imagine that she will excell in gymnastics along with the fun. Can't wait to see pics.