Tuesday, January 1, 2008

Happy New Year

Our sorority smiles



It is 2008!!! Can you believe it? We had a very low key get together, but it was fun. Our friends Sarah and Karl joined us for a little while until their sweet Caroline needed to get to bed. That left my brother, sister, and their families to party hard our last few hours of the year. We played a couple of games, watched football (what a shocker), watched a crazy man jump the length of a football field on a motorcycle, and toasted the New Year in with the East Coast. There are not too many of us that are used to staying up past ten o'clock- haha.
An interesting football watching positionCooper was SO excited that the motorcycle guy made the jump



***for the record I know that this next part is random, but I just can't help myself***

I have to say that seeing and hearing Dick Clark on TV last night brought a tear to my eye. That is weird I know, but he is an icon and I thought he was pretty much out of the picture after his stroke. As I listened to him speak I kept picturing my Pap who never recovered from his stroke. I know how incredibly hard he had to work to be able to speak clearly enough to be on national television and I am just proud of him.

We did have one "unamed guest" that partied a little hard. She passed out while making shadow puppets with her Magic Tree House flashlight. I have to respect my guests privacy, so you will have to figure this one out on your own ;)

4 comments:

Elizabeth said...

heh heh heh...wonder who that could be?

I didn't watch Dick Clark last night, but my mom did and she said it made her a bit sad as well. Bless his heart.

Happy New Year!

Amy said...

I'm gonna get you, sucka!!!!

Amanda said...

HAHA -- I LOVE your blackmail picture. I hope you figure out a way to profit financially. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Your whole entry was wonderful, but that pic of the "mystery guest" was HILARIOUS!! Hmmmmm... wonder who it could be? My eldest daughter perhaps? So funny!
... I kinda felt the same way when I watched ole Dick Clark. How wonderful that he could still do his thing after such a massive stroke. That should be encouraging to other stroke victims I would imagine.