Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Three Years!!!!

 

Today is mine and Allan's three year anniversary. This has been a very eventful marriage that I am thrilled to be experiencing with the man of my dreams. We have lived in two states, four homes, three jobs (for Allan), had a baby (and survived), traveled a lot, figured out what it takes to be a part of the Selke and Kavalich families (gotta love in laws), had our first fights, are learning how to communicate, fallen deeper in love, and a whole lot more.
Since this is my blog I will take this opportunity to brag about my man. He is AMAZING! To say that I have been on an emotional roller coaster since having a baby would be an understatment and Allan has held on for dear life at times. He has supported me and encouraged me. He listens to me and gives great advice. He holds me accountable. He makes me laugh and cry (the good kind). I cannot think of a time that he has spoken hurtful words towards me (I am not kidding). I am blessed beyond belief by my husband. He is practically perfect...he helps me clean and cook, he is an amazing help when it comes to parenting our daughter. I love watching him be a daddy, he is so good at it which is incredibly sexy. He is such a great provider for our family. I could go on and on.
I will say this I LOVE ALLAN JOSEPH KAVALICH with all my heart. I trust him with my heart. Although I may not always show it or say it, he is the greatest gift God has given me. I cannot imagine life without him.

The short version of our love story:
Allan and I met at our friend's wedding (Sarah and Karl). Allan was a groomsman and I was a bridesmaid. We both noticed each other but didn't think to much of it. I was going to Baylor and he was taking a job in DC. I ended up taking him to the airport the day after the wedding and we exchanged email addresses and phone numbers. He called a few days later and we had a blast talking to each other. Our calls became more regular and gre longer and longer. A few weeks later he asked if he could come back out to TX to spend the Fourth of July. On that trip we decided that we would try out long distance dating and it worked. We dated for almost two years before he proposed and we were married about eight months later. We lived in CA for our first year of marriage and those are days that we will always look back on with pure joy. It was in Mission Viejo that we made some really close friends, traveled all the time, found out we were expecting our daughter, and pretty much just lived life footloose and fancy free. We spent the next nine months in Austin (where we planned on being for a very long time). Allan got a great job, we built a home, and that is where our girl was born. We have now been in Flower Mound for just over a year and although life isn't always "fun" we wouldn't change it for anything. We have found a great church, I am slowly finding friends (we are still on the lookout for couple friends anyone interested haha), and we are learning how to put our marriage before parenting.

I think that this next year is going to be fantastic. I believe that we are in a phase of life that we are choosing to grow deeper in love with each other and have our relationship grow stronger with every passing day. It is a weird feeling to move out of the "newlywed" phase and into the "rest of our lives" phase. We have been stretched and are continuing to learn how to live happily ever after. I am excited to see what the fourth year of marriage has in store for us.
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Randi~Dukes and Duchesses said...

What a great story! You guys are adorable ... I love the photos. Happy anniversary ... wishing you both a long lifetime together!

Tressa said...

Happy Anniversary!
You're simply a beautiful couple!
May God bless you two for many many many many many many more years!

krista said...

happy anniversary~!!!! i hope that you guys have a special celebration together.
i loved reading about the last three years of your journey...and what a journey it has been. i loved the time we had with you guys in OC...although too short, it was fun and so carefree. i could use a day out on the lake, just relaxing about now! :)

Leanna said...

Horray! for you guys! What an amazing couple and parents. Here's to many more fabulous and fun years!

Mama Jeannie said...

Happy anniversary Baby Doll. You and Allan are so precious. I love you.