Tuesday, January 1, 2008

A Little More Christmas



I guess you can never really have enough Christmas. We had two more sessions of opening gifts this last weekend. We had our small family one on Saturday morning and then had the Selke Extravaganza on Sunday. Claire loved her piano that Santa brought and she recieved the cutest rocking horse from my parents. I think that my parents won the award of most spectacular and emotional gifts given of the holiday season. Allan scored a ticket to the Nascar race in April which he will enjoy with my dad, Coby, and Corey (Beau couldn't get off of work so that was sad).


The most special gift of the weekend was given to me, my sisters, and my sister in law. After my granny passed away a little over a year ago she had two rings (her wedding ring and an anniversary ring) which my mom and aunt each recieved. My mom didn't really care for the design of the ring she was given so she had the ring broken up and had a new ring made for herself with three of the diamonds. As we were opening gifts they gave all four of us girls our gifts to open at the same time. When we opened them up there was a diamond solitare necklace for each of us made from the remaining diamonds. Needless to say we were all in tears and somewhat speechless. It is just so special to have a piece of something that meant so much to someone who meant so much to all of us. I truly am so thankful for this gift and it will be ard to ever take it off.
Everyone enjoyed lots of food, Guitar Hero, cousins playing chase, a few board games, and even a sing along on the Wii to High School Musical. Allan and I were happy to be able to host the whole crazy gang once again.


It was a good Christmas. I love my family even in the chaos and stress that comes along with having them all around. I am glad that we can still find times to laugh hard and just be thankful that we have each other through good times and in bad.


Merry Christmas...until next year

No comments: