Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Led Zeppelin With Class



Last night we went on our first grown up date. I mean we left Claire with a nonrelative babysitter and were gone through bedtime (thank you Mollie for being able to get Claire to go to sleep!!!). We headed to the Meyrson Symphony Center and watched the Dallas Symphony Orchestra play Led Zeppelin music. Initially I thought this was a great idea because Allan loves that kind of music and how bad could it be if it were being played by violins and flutes. WEEEELLLLLL, let's just say it was a bit louder than I am used to. There was a live Zeppeln cover band that played and yelled (I mean sang) and the orchestra backed them up. We had fantastic seats and it was a fun experience, it was just a little different than both Allan and I had expected. I was really impressed with the drummer and electric guitar player. Even though it isn't my first choice of music they were VERY talented. I like doing new things, we used to do random things all the time before our little bundle of joy arrived, so I am looking at this experience as a blast from oour past. I would say that overall I am glad we went, I just have to wait for my eardrums to stop bleeding. There are a few other concerts we want to go to this next year. The DSO is linking up with Chris Botti and Willie Nelson which should be way cool.
It was a great anniversary night just to get some alone time with my hubby. What is even more fun is that we have a few more celebrations of marriage coming up this weekend...skiing on Friday, staying at the Gaylord on Saturday, and a few other little things throughout the weekend that will be fun. My fantastic sister, Sara, is coming in to watch Claire for the weekend so Allan and I can get out and have a little fun. She of course will be getting a little help from Amy and my parents are coming in on Saturday to help out as well. Thank you all in advance for helping us out!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I would say that your baby girl is covered. How many does it take to play with a 16 mo. old? :0) It will be fun and Asher and Claire will be a joy to watch. Skiing for a day! You are blessed to have connections to an airline for sure.

Sarah said...

Well, that sounds fun! Different but fun! And oh my goodness, sounds like a great weekend! Are you going just for one day to Colorado?

Amanda said...

Happy anniversary!

Elizabeth said...

Happy Anniversary! Have an amazing time away with your hubby!

Anonymous said...

"Led Zeppelin **WITH** Class?"

Are you implying that Led Zeppelin has no class unless accompanied by the DSO?

-Allan