I went to Oklahoma from Wednesday through Friday to help Sara move into her new home. While I was in OK Allan had a "work" trip to Padre Island for some team building. I was not the most in favor of his trip, but he actually had to go at least for part of the trip (but that is a whole different story). My sweet husband wanted to make me feel really loved before we went our seperate ways so when I woke up on Wednesday morning he had a dozen roses on the counter, each rose had a note telling me something he loved about me. There was also a card that only Allan could give, he is known for his crad giving in our families. The biggest suprise came after he had left for his trip and I was loading the car for mine. I walked into the garage and as you can see from the pictures I had quite the decorated car. I mean how sweet is he?!?!?! He absolutely could say mission accomplished, I felt loved by my hubby.
The view from the laundry room door, I was so surprised and awestruck at how much effort he put into telling me he loved me!

I was a bit embarassed by this side, but I left it on anyway, I represented RHS Class of '97 all the way to OK and back
The car rides to and from OK were long but overall good. It was nice to get some time with Amy. You would think that we get a ton of time with each other since we live twelve minutes apart, but it seems like when we are together it is at an event or there are a lot of other family members around, so getting some good one on one time was great. For the most part Cooper and Claire were really good. I officially have every Wiggles song memorized. Amy actually made a helpful discovery...if you squeeze Claire's foot when she is falling apart in her car seat she gets quite (this would have been helpful to know the last thirteen months). The foot squeeze coupled with singing "The Wheels on the Bus" can buy you a solid fifteen minutes in the car.
Cooper hanging out in the backseat
Claire Bear was entertained by blueberries, you can see the remnants on her face
Our time in OK was insane but good. Having three little ones is not ideal when trying to unpack boxes and clean up a new home, but we made the best of it. Amy, Sara, Beau, and I would take turns wrangling babies in the living room or out on the back porch while everyone else would try to get a box or two unpacked and find a place for its contents. The scenery at the camp is BEAUTIFUL, but the camp itself needs a bit of work. I think that Sara and Beau are perfect for the job. I am so proud of my brother in law for taking this chance, he is a good man and will do a fantastic job. I think that Sara is pretty much the perfect wife and support for him as well. I will miss her since the camp is much further than I had originally thought, but we will make the best of it.
Asher helping squash paper
Claire loved this walker
Cooper saying Cheeeeeese
1 comment:
Too much fun! Your hubby is silly.
Post a Comment