Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Look Mom, No Boobs

As you all know my weaning weekend a month ago was a TOTAL bust and I have felt really discouraged about the whole thing. I am so ready for this portion of my mother/daughter relationship to be over. Anyway...I have to report that I have successfully put my daughter down for bedtime and naptime without the use of my boobs WOOHOO!!!! You truly have NO idea what an accomplishment that is for me. My plan is to keep that up and within the next week or so I will get rid of that selfish "EARLY morning PLEASE go back to sleep so I don't DIE" feeding. Who knows maybe the light is at the end of the never ending tunnel.
I think that my sister Sara was the straw that broke the camel's back with Claire Bear. She kept her for a few days last weekend and kind of established a routine for bedtime and we are sticking to it. Allan tested it out first and he could totally tell a difference in how quickly and easily she calmed down so I decided to try it out last night and again this afternoon. I only had to endure a mild beating that luckily didn't include earsplitting screams before she gave into the idea of just cuddling her mommy and dozing off. Who knows maybe there is still a chance for me to convince her that I get to make the rules- haha. Once this INCREDIBLE CHALLENGE is conquered we will move on to eating in a highchair for an entire meal...baby steps right?!?!?!?
for now I will celebrate my two victories over my boob obsessed child as if I had won the Super Bowl- watch out for flying champagne corks "I'm going to Disney World!"

4 comments:

Mama Jeannie said...

See what I mean? Only you could make such a comedy out of this somewhat traumatic issue happening in your life. You are so funny!

Amy said...

Woo Hoo! Way to go Claire... and you... and Allan... and Sara!

Sara said...

That was a HILARIOUS post! YEA Mommy and Claire Bear!!!

Amanda said...

Oh yay -- that has to be such a relief!