Tuesday, January 22, 2008

SO SAD!!!

I am stunned at the whole Heath Ledger being found dead in his apartment thing. It is not that I was a huge fan of his or that I kept up with his life. I think what makes me sad is the fact that he was my age with a daughter not much older than Claire and now she will never know her daddy. I mean how many memories do you have from when you were two? I think that I will try and remember to pray for little Matilda every once in awhile. I know that without a miracle she was probably already going to be a bit screwed up because of the parents she was given, but this could crush her little life before it ever gets started and that is devastating.
So this may be weird to be blogging about Hollywood people that I will never know, but it was on my mind so why not share it right? Isn't that the wonder of blogging- random thoughts pouring out of your head onto a keyboard and spreading through cyber space?

8 comments:

Amy said...

Oh! That is terrible. I had not heard about it yet.

Sara said...

That IS SO SAD!!!

Jenny said...

truly shocking...

Sarah said...

I thought the same thing - very sad.

Sarah W said...

I thought about little Matilda yesterday too. Sad!!

Amanda said...

I was stunned by the news and thought about blogging about it too. Perhaps I still will. Such a shame...

Mama Jeannie said...

Emily, what a precious and compassionate thought... to pray for little Matilda. She is a blessed baby girl that someone she may never meet in her lifetime has taken up the God-given burden to pray for her. I love you.

Corrie said...

"10 Things I Hate About You" is one of my favorite movies, and Heath Ledger was SO fantastic in it! I was so shocked because I guess I just get it in my mind that famous people are invincible. I know that isn't true, but it is easy to think that way.