Monday, January 21, 2008

Things That Make Me Happy

I was looking at my friend Adrianna's blog and she had a great post. She wrote about the "Secret of Life" and finished off with a list of the top ten things that make her happy at this moment in her life. She then encouraged her blog readers to make a list of their own and I thought that it was a great idea. One thing I am trying to do this year is find things in my life that are positive to dwell on and just live in a happier more peaceful place than last year. So feel free to steal this idea for your own blog or life in general- think of at least ten (big or little) things that make you happy at this moment in your life.

1. Sleeping in on Saturday and Sunday mornings and then after I wake up I lay in bed and listen to Claire and Allan laugh and play together in the living room for awhile before I go join them
2. Laughing, not just a giggle, really hard laughter (this usually only happens with my family)
3. When Allan rubs my feet, scratches my head, or tickles my back
4. Hearing Claire's laughter
5. Watching a GOOD movie (at the theater)
6. When Allan cleans the kitchen and living room
7. Reading blogs
8. Going to mine and Claire's playgroup so I can get some fun adult time with my friends (aka The Mommies)
9. Singing at church
10. Baskin Robbins Rocky Road Ice Cream (1 scoop on a sugar cone)

5 comments:

Sara said...

You've been an inspiration to so many already. =) I liked this one! Love you!!!

SuperMom said...

Emily:

The more I read about you, the more I think we're very much alike!

Hope we can meet someday!
Angela

Mama Jeannie said...

Love your thoughts on staying positive and thankful Em. I too will see what ten things I can come up with that I am especially thankful for. I wonder if we should all do this periodically... and often? I believe we'd be much happier on a consistent basis, don't you? One thing is for sure; I'm thankful for you Baby Doll.

Sara said...

Just to make sure you see this...I commented on Amy's "Bargain" post that you're a moron. You don't know what a pewter ladle is?! =)

walkers said...

yes! i love your 10-they make me happy for you!